Tuesday 20 December 2022

IF WISHES WERE HORSES


I had built walls around my heart and wide.

So strong, I thought to myself with pride

But you came my way and right into it you walked in

Like the walls were not even there.

I broke my rules for you.

And in the middle of my ordinary life

You entered and made it a fairy tale.

Sometimes am terrified by the way my heart hungers for you.

Love so composed, in a single soul inhabited by two bodies.

If wishes were horses, we keep telling ourselves.

Then go back to our normal lives.

Every day it gets harder,

In only… is the only thing in my mind

While sitting with this flower in my hand

Plucking petal by petal

She loves me she loves me not

She loves me she loves me more

Am scared of losing you but then again you are not even mine.

1 comment: