Friday 30 April 2021

I AM AFRAID

 


I am afraid
Am afraid of snakes and wild animals.
Am afraid of dying or being diagnosed with an untreatable disease.
Am afraid of proposing in public and she says NO
But you know what am more afraid of,
Am afraid of myself

Long time ago things were perfect during the times of our forefathers
Then the British came and we became inferior to them
Just because they had power and education and money
And they gave small power to others in the name of collaborators
Who in turn became even worse than the colonizers.
I mean how do you turn and betray your own just for power.
Many years down the line and power is still in the hands of a few
Dynasties they call it
The who’s and the wealthy
Even had their own show dedicated to them
“Who owns Kenya?”
Such an absurd question if you think about it
I mean what’s the difference between then and THEM

So why am afraid of myself
Would I be any different if I had this POWER?
It’s easier to point a finger at them if you have not walked in their shoes
Power is good, power is sweet.
Power gives you authority, give you confidence, gives you a voice
I’d like to have it someday
But what I’d like to have most is
THE WISDOM TO CONTOL THIS POWER.

7 comments: