Friday 22 January 2021

IS HE STINGY OR YOU JUST NOT WORTH IT

 


So I have been seeing posts and memes doing round of late about stingy men association. SMA as you would like to call it. Got me thinking how comes this has emerged all of a sudden, then it dawned me valentine is around the corner. So it must be a tactic or a way of telling your man you need to act the part. I can’t blame you though, if he is dating you he got to actually act the part. You see according to ladies there are two type of people when it comes to not giving them what they want. It’s either you are stingy or you just BROKE, yes I said it, broke. But I would like to add a twist to this. Maybe you are just not worth it.

See every man out here has that one person that means the world to them, that one lady that he would do anything for. One that in trouble just a snap and you would be there for them, you can swim through reeds shirtless, just for them. Scars will always heal. So one day back when I was head over hills for some pretty lady, I woke up in the morning to find a text from my sister who I dearly love (I hope she doesn’t read this, ha!) asking me for 500 bob, I immediately told her I don’t have which clearly I didn’t have but I promised her if I get I will send. Two hours later my apparent girl texted me asking for 1000 bob. Trust me I don’t know how I got the 1000 bob but I did and sent even without flinching. After I had done that it’s when I realized  that my sister had asked for half of what I just sent and I told her I didn’t have. I borrowed another 1000 instantly and sent my sister.

What am trying to communicate here is crap with your stingy men posts, even if you post a million times and you not worth it you still won’t be worth it. Yes maybe He will feel guilty and buy you those flowers and take you to that expensive restaurant that you crave for. But be assured that’s pity not worth it. But then again this is Nairobi, where women are asked do you love a rich man that doesn’t love you or a poor man that loves you and the answer will be unanimous ‘Better cry in a beach in Hawaii that pretend to eat love.' Couldn’t agree more. But then the question is, this life you always expect from men would you give yourself the kind of life. You say you can’t date a man without a car, while in the real sense you can’t even buy yourself  a bicycle.

But then again I don’t want to rule out we don’t have stingy men out here. Men who hide on that card of she knows am poor I can’t afford it. Crap. I heard once “it’s the small things that counts” So make that effort. Be the man, maybe you might just get lucky. We live in a world where nothing is delivered on a silver plate. Sauti Sol once said “mtoto atakuja na sahani yake” Noooooooo. You have to buy that plate and fill it. Then finally we have this kind of men who I would call stupid. You have a family, a beautiful lady with most adorable kids who you don’t leave money for them and you out here dishing money to slay queens who in turn calls their boyfriends  stingy because they can’t match up what you are doing for them.

Anyway at the end of the day. Live life like there is no tomorrow. Love and laugh. It’s never that serious by the way. When you die the world moves on.

4 comments:

  1. I had to throw in that line from H_rt the band. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. very insightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the question that remains to ladies is whether you carry yourself like you are worth the investment you demand for. Kizuri chajiuza, kibaya chajitembeza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Here is my take, times have changed, we "women" no longer wanna do all the things that our mothers & grandmothers did for our fathers & grandfathers in the past because... We live in modern times but it seems we still expect men to act like our grandfathers acted & did for our grandmothers. Who by the way, sat home, cooked, gave birth to children & spent all their lives taking care of their husbands & children. How about we start working for our own money & then demand to have a "well put guy" Ask for what you want but please be the equivalent of what you're looking for in a man.

    ReplyDelete